Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Vun Track Mynd, I say

I changed my job. You just have to change your job when you start to find that the godawfully long journey back home everyday from work is getting so boring that you amuse yourself by not giving in to inertia and remain still when the bus jerks and stutters through all of those gadzillion road humps and traffic snarls.

So the best thing, naturally that comes out of a job change is the distance I save. 10 whole kilometers! Thats a whole hour less of polite chat with socially maladjusted techies, terminally enthusiastic Radio Jockeys, 6 radio channels reeking and stinking of Udit Narayan and cabs honking on the street like they want to give Motor fuckin Head a complex. I'm pumped!

One of the most suicidal things to do when you come back home from work exhausted is watch tragedy movies. Even accidentally. Tiredness when mixed with tube-invoked grief is a near fatal condition from which you can recover only with access to something Incredibly Potent. Anyway, I did the mistake of watching Mahanadhi, a Tamil cult film starring the impossibly ingenious Kamal Haasan. The thing about that flick is that, no matter how macho you want to be it will still rip open your emotional glands and make you weep like a baby. Rumor says that Macho Man Randy Savage changed his nickname to Bloody Stupitt after watching this movie and crying.

Now, in the absence of Kings and KF (read - in the presence of Mum), the only Incredibly Potent thing I could find was a Best of Motorhead dvd. About an hour later, I forgot everything about sombre background scores by Illayaraja, cruel jailors pissing into prison food and the eternally despairing Sukanya. If you are as big a fan of Lemmy Kilmister as I am, you will see why. I think Lemmy is the absolute last name of Cool, the moving spirit behind modern Rock. He is quite simply the Orgasmatron, the Ace of Spades.

So, obviously when Philthy Animal Taylor is delivering the most mind numbing drum solo and Lemmy, looking far beyond cool in a pair of aviators and his famous handle bar beard and growling Overkill from beneath his ribs, I am bound to feel like the most bad ass person on the planet. Just about the time that I want to switch off the player and do something remotely radical like run a mile in the dark cool night or atleast pick up my guitar that I am yet to learn and break a string, what do I hear?
My mum, knocking on the door and in a voice loud enough to drown the soundtrack for the "hit" primetime Kannada soap - Gupta Gaamini, asking me to take the trash out, wash my hands and finish my curd rice.

Whatte KLPD I say! Either I don't want to be a Middle Class brahmin in my next life or I want to just grow up blending with the wallpaper and watch 9 pm serials with family over dinner.

If you listen carefully, you can hear my Dad singing "right now, this time - you got yours and I got mine".

3 Comments:

Blogger The Darkling Thrush said...

:D Killer! Manudo returns!
Bari magane! Bari!

10:41 am, July 10, 2008  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

By the time you updated your blog, I have managed to change two jobs and on the verge of changing base again. But how be you brother?

12:35 pm, July 16, 2008  
Blogger Manu said...

@muli: Baribeku kaney! Striving, struggling!

@AI: awesome. where are you now? i'm good bro, just settling into new job.

5:37 pm, July 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter