Thursday, December 29, 2005

Yours Harshly...

So I was sipping coffee and watching an old cricket match on TV yesterday. And suddenly I started missing Harsha Bhogle a lot. I've always loved the man's ethics and placed him highest on the ladder of the world's best sport anchors. Although he's a lot more than just that.
So I googled his current whereabouts...going to the extent of hunting down his e-mail id and stuff!
I stumbled on several of his articles along the way and saved some for later reading.

I read this and for some reason, a lump formed in my throat and a tear flowed down my eye. You know when something like that happens, you're reading the works of a great man.
Its an ancient article, but every Harsha Bhogle fanatic must unabashedly go ahead and read it.

P.S: Its my 100th post. Its taken some time coming and its turned out to be a link redirecting you somewhere else! But no remorse, no regret.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fitting 100 ra.....
definitely gets anyone thinkin....
wonderful antidote....thank u man

12:47 am, December 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First things first... Congrats for the Century... :-)

I was about to leave a dirty comment thinking that the article was pro-cricket... But I'm happy cos it didn't turn out that way... The article was good... And I've hated cricket anyways... 11 million fools watching 11 bastards... This is how a nation gets raped... :-(

3:02 am, December 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Century huh? congrats:)
CRICKET!!! all right! u watch old matches? cool! I have an India-Pak world cup match CD which I watch regularly! Glad to see I'm not the only one!
Btw the linked article was brilliant!
And Mr.Bhogle is one of the most wonderful gentlemen I've met in the Indian cricket fraternity.

9:24 am, December 30, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

SF: :-) *huggie too*

Petro: Isn't it!

AC: Thanks man. And cricket doesn't rape the nation. People who watch it do it unto themselves.

ujju: whoa..u've met Mr.Bhogle??

6:32 pm, January 02, 2006  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Hey man congrats! Btw, I'm on 99 :) you jusssst beat me to it =))

1:42 am, January 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@manu: yeah. quite some time back:)

8:49 pm, January 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the cool horse . You'll have to stop by www.horseoutlet.com sometime!

3:49 am, January 04, 2006  
Blogger J said...

woohooo! wot a century!!! where's the death by choc u promised me oh-so long ago?

5:40 pm, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Manu said...

Chrys: Cool! Man, thats slow going! Kiddin..

ujju: awesome yo!

j: DBC, PBM and what not right after the 17th. Defi!

11:01 am, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter