Monday, November 14, 2005

Run. Just run like hell.
Thats one main reason why I love playing football. I love the unceasing breeze in my hair as I scram down the wings. I love what crazed running does to me. I love it when a counter-attack ends in a goal and leaves me near out of breath, gasping. I love it when the only sound I hear at this time is me panting and puffing, on my knees and wearing a contented smile. I love the sweat trickling from all over my face down to my naked chest at the end of the game. I love it all!

So we all ran, attacked, defended and ran some more to finally win a trophy for college playing football. Yes, we finished runners-up at the UVCE sports fest, losing to BMSCE in the finals. We beat a couple of decent teams before stunning the home team 4-1 in a particularly brilliant semi-final game.
Who knows...we might've kicked some BuMS if we weren't scheduled to play the final within an hour of making through to it. You're damn right I'm feeling pompous!
The only issue I had with the big, shiny runners-up trophy were the bold words inscribed on it: FOOTBALL RUNNER.
But no sweat, its all cool. Ooh except, sweat! Lots of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right... How hard did the ball hit your head? Are you ok now?

7:04 pm, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter