Friday, September 09, 2005

Superfuzz: My choir of tears-1

It was one of those times when I felt the excruciating urge to talk cricket.I wish I had Boycott around to speak to...and also some Carslberg to guzzle on. Life would have come a full circle!

Anyway, I came up some insights right after the last India-Kiwi round robin game. It looked so much like a nice little article that you would find in Sportstar that I actually mailed a copy to the magazine's moderator. I even made sure that the write-up ended with a rather pompous prediction of a comprehensive Indian win. They will bring this one home, I think I said!

I can be bitter about having to eat my words. I sincerely think its about the bitterest pills there is. The need for a pitcher of bitter transcended this tremendous multiplicity of bitterness quotients. Ergo, beer.

A dark room, a new notepad file, some Coldplay in the background and a coffee-byte in my mouth is enough to get my mental machinery to work up the 'big picture'.
Why is it so unimagniably hard for performance to be at par with potential?

"Once, an old farmer, tinkering with a rusty harrow on a country road, was approached by an earnest young man from the university Extension Service who was making farm-to-farm calls for the purpose of selling a new manual on soil conservation and new farming techinques. After a polite and polished speech the young man asked the farmer if he would like to buy this new book, to which the old man replied,
'Son, I don't farm half as good as I know how already.'
Evokes a hangover, doesn't it?"

On a completely personal level, the pursuit of solutions to such queries would have lent a lot more satisfaction than cracking some soreass C++ code in a placement test that would decide my fate as to whether or not I die a corporate whore. But then, its just me.
Self-pity aside, I sincerely think it is cruel on God's part to let me enjoy a Thomas Harris social psychiatry book rather than a proper Stanley Lippman C++ primer. I mean, really, its one of those several things that render me a serious persecution complex in a class of budding Information Science engineers.

...which brings me to 'my class'.
Apart from the ten odd people in the class whom I pretty much live my life with, I am not as much at sea as I'm shipwrecked when it comes to making a conversation with the rest of them. It is plain 'communication breakdown', as Led Zep would have you believe.
Suddenly, a wiseass idea is spawned. Seeing as we're all in our final year of the course and hence might not see each other for the rest of our lives after the same, there is a 'sudden' need to do something profound as a class. What better than a class-trip out of town?

Now, my extreme vulnerability to such sentiments notwithstanding, I don't have half a mind to go through with this.
In a nutshell, my reasons would be insufficient funds and a deeply ingrained sense of reclusiveness as far as the class is concerned.But in cases such as these, its usually a whole mass of easily impressionable sheep all against your carefully bred moral principles. You become quickly antagonized and rumours of your alleged 'attitude-problem' are strewn all over.
So, in order to stop the ridiculous overflow of such wrong notions, you eventually give in.

And therefore, I'd be out in Kodaikanal for the next few days, very likely chewing on a bunch of caramel or drinking coffee alone on a park-bench singin' "the aesthetic of the bumb".
The silver lining, I find out as I crane to see it is that I get to travel. Its about the most liberating thing there's been since Section Eight (but my respect for the Army stays).

So, yeah I should be back by the 14th. I'd much hope for the BSNL people to have my broadband connection set up by the time I'm home. I'd really want to trust the classy female BSNL employees at that office. They used fountain-pens and knew how to spell 'receive'. God bless!

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I proclaim that I shall deeply miss my blog and that all my acts of conscious awareness would be recorded in detail once I'm back.

And, Sportstar was kind enough not to publish my article. Things can only get better.

Peace, love, empathy, safe-sex.

P.S: I have not-so-conveniently abandoned my social responsibility towards my readers with the length of this post.
P.P.S: I'm also pre-eminently indebted to Percy for that wonderful line!

20 Comments:

Blogger arvindiyer said...

Dude, When I was in Kodaikanal holidayin for one month, u don't come and now when am back to this concrete jungle u are headed there!!! Anyways, have loads of fun and watch out for a man in a green coat, approachin u and askin u if u are from B'lore...say yes...and He offers u shrooms!! hehehe..

11:49 am, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude - go to a "hotel bala" - the food is good there. The rooms there are good too. Might be a bit expensive. But its exactly opposite to the bus stand and very near to coaker's walk! perfect place for an early morning walk!

Such a reference to Stan Lippman???? I'm hurt!!! You bitch!

12:39 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger J said...

OOOOooooooooooooh! Looks like the lean dude with attitude is gonna miss u soooooooo much! ;)

Wots cooking? Mushrooms?

1:53 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

BASTARDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! WHEN R WE DOING OUR BIKE TRIP!?!?!?!?!

3:01 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

Huh..who..did someone refer my name here...

3:44 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Kaavya said...

Lol yup the class act is all too familiar.
luckily our class did not end up going on the said trip.
im TAGGING you!!!!
look in my blog for the details
Have a nice time.

4:20 pm, September 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r not probably worthy of becoming a corporate whore.... and persecution complex?? Serves u right for "trying" to impersonate the guy in the Catcher in the Rye.....


P.P.P.P.P.P.and many more cliched P's. S : I know u dont give a fuck abt all this as long as u have ur bitter beer (burdened and bittered even more by its thousand synonymous phrases) and some one to do( some fuckin meghna aka magggggggggggiii awwww so fucking not cute!!) but

4:51 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AI: wow..i think i met the guy in the green coat the last time i went to kodai. our convo was pretty naive mainly due to my ignorance of 'shrooms'. thx dude!

@srini: Bala, huh? will see. the stan lippman thing is just personal angst man. do not fret.

@j: ummm...okay. :)

7:53 pm, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@percy: no bitch...I'm doing a shroom trip shortly. Bike trip in good time. Patience.

@shasa: long time. thx for the tag!

@anon: aah corporate angst. Do u plan to emerge out of thy anonymity? or would u like to remain 'encapsulated'? Whore.

8:02 pm, September 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw you. Another blog meet with you absent. Man, you're in for some serious shit from me. ;-)

Anyways, I hope you lay someone in Kodai and fulfill your lifelong dream... He he. Biyatch.

1:42 am, September 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@SF, AC: WHY is everyone being so mean to me in here??
btw...blog meet without me...isn't happening. its a dare!

4:52 pm, September 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS happening tomorrow.

8:49 pm, September 10, 2005  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

How come I don't get to know bout all the blog meets happenin here? *scratches head* AM I in wrong company?:P

1:08 pm, September 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

England regain Ashes..what a series it was..... THANK GOD aussies are loosing their matches... they were making the game very boring otherwise..just like what williams sisters were doing to tennis at one point of time...and Schumi to F1....
GREAT series..... a cricket lovers Delight.....
Prateek
http://prematurearticulation.com

12:16 pm, September 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, i must agree with prateek - what a series! same thing with kimi and alonso et al. Sport is looking good!
Except for tennis maybe, with federer whooping everyone else. But he's so awesome to watch anyway!
Then, I heard bike trip here somewhere. If possible, I'd like to join. I'm thinkin in terms of serious long trip - week long types - looking for the right kind of company...anyone here interested?

Non-Sensei

11:25 am, September 14, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: well how did it go?

@arvind: cud u get urself miraculously relocated to blr?!

@prateek: Amen! Sport is alive and kickin!

@NS: I'd totally not mind the Federer monopoly...God-level yaw! A serious long bike trip would be beyond cool...but i doubt my availability just yet. mebbe Percy and AC would like to say somethn abt this.

6:13 pm, September 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news for you... I decided to postpone the meet cos you and finch were unavailable... So bow down at my feet!

PS : Actuallly, Succubus had to leave early, and I was outta cash. So I thought that It's been long since I caught you.... So....

12:07 am, September 15, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

NS - hey you are just the person i'm looking for. I'm shifting jobs so hope to have some slack in between. Lets do it.

12:21 pm, September 15, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: very nice of u man..:)

@chrys: NS, there ya go!

9:05 pm, September 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaaandoooo... yellidhiyo?

10:59 pm, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter