Saturday, September 17, 2005

A 'class' act

I was weighing the deliberations on whether or not I turn this blog into a virtual travelogue thing and start making some dough out of it. And then at a coffee-break in Sapaeti on the way back, I had some more ridiculously sweet instant coffee and have since snapped out of the travelogue idea. I mean I don't often find myself getting this tired of travelling. And not wanting to 'get away'. But I'd much like to stay put for a bit right now, really!

But make no mistake, this is one trip I'd have regretted missing.And if someone said Kodaikanal is 'couples only', I'd much like to ask him to kindly shove it. The magic of the place never ceases to amaze, irrespective of the fact that it was my third time there over the past few years.
The misty haze of the hills, the flowers waking up and shaking the early morning dew off themselves, the view from the boat of the tall conifers adorning the horizon and generally other suchlike postcard-perfect spectacles summed up the sights of the place.The sounds and smells on the other hand were rudely adulterated by repititive Anthakshari sessions and that stench of boiled rice respectively.
'Sum up' is a handy phrase, especially when you don't feel like delving into the subtleties of things. Yes, I wouldn't really like to take travel-criticism for a career.

One way to make the already exciting exercise of trekking even more fun is wearing a white trouser to a trek and challenge yourself not to make it dirty. Its a lot more fun that way, believe you me!
That and ofcourse, being around girls and grabbing them by the waist when they slip. After all, you are just trying to help, innit. It isn't too filmi to think about the good prospects that an 'unintended hug' can bring!

I also now have a clear perception of what 'deafening silence' means. I stumbled on it deep in the heart of a pine forest. It was as cut off from the world as you can possibly get. I mean I'm sure i could have heard a pin drop, much less a twig.At the risk of sounding corny, I much felt like I was the outer manifestation of my inner peace for the subsequent five minutes. Oh holy hallelujah!
Ofcourse the process of orgasming from such an elevated state of spiritual consciousness is catalysed by glorified food substances like Red Riband, Old Monk, Emcee and assorted Haldirams!
Warning: When in Kodai, examine your vodka thoroughly before buying it. You get 'Brisnoff' as legally as you get 'Smirnoff'. And both have TNTC seals on them.
Continuing on my tryst with Ze Halcyon,
Ze class siren was the only other person who knew halfway-decent Tamil,
Ze class siren is seeing someone else,
Ze class siren believes in polygamy and finds infidelity fun.
haw haw!
So one last day of sightseeing and hectic shopping for homemade chocolates later, we return to the real world. The illusion of holiday was terrific fun while it lasted. [Yes, the Supremental Yoga]
I resent the fact, though, that Anthakshari is the integral part of a class trip. Ok so I can't sing a Hindi song for nuts, but how cruel is it to take my ass about it all the time. Anthakshari around the bonfire, on the park bench, in the cottage...aaaaargh.
No offence, but I'd rather take the huge risk and not get trained to be Sonu Nigam.

Hence due to all its lack of social deviance, the trip brought us terrifically close as a class. A calming ethos now exists and warmth exudes from most of our conversations. Like I said, I'd have regretted missing this. I'd really have.

Hope the rest of the week is just as rosy. My results, the Man U Liverpool game and a Java assigment to get through.

15 Comments:

Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Aha. so how come no details about your tryst with the class siren? ;)

2:13 am, September 17, 2005  
Blogger samuraijack said...

i hope you didnt miss the night view of 'coakers walk'. Being a hill station and all, one can look at the whole konga land lit up in city lights, quite a spectacular view..and regarding the manu vs liverpool game...lets just say, your rosy ass is grass..if liverpool win.

3:41 am, September 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep some chocolates for me and you will get Spinal Tap... Deal?? heh..
Criticism as a career.. how wonderful would that be.... I want that too

Prateek
http://prematurearticulation.com

7:16 pm, September 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mannn... My career options are so batty... I'm the odd one out... I think I shall go get myself some Smirnoff now... Thx for the inspiration...

10:08 pm, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@chrys: oh believe me this is detailed enough!

@hemburger: matter of fact I did miss the coakers' walk view. primarily cos we had other legit plans for the night..;)
Regarding the game, thats a big "if" clause in ur line man!!

@addy: trust me babe...i do not have all that much luck! i didnt buy too many chocs sowie!

@prat: how abt I buy u a sandpiper 650? i shared whatever choc i bought with ze siren...;)

@AC: batty? how so?

1:39 pm, September 18, 2005  
Blogger clichedelk0 said...

Deafening silence must be so divine, I wanna listen to it..... especially when my roommate is in the loo.

1:17 am, September 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deal!!

Prateek

11:03 pm, September 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering, what is with your "much like to"s and your "really like to"s?!
littal vonly yirritashun happened.

yes, i'm alive.. :p

11:53 pm, September 19, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@clichedelk: lol! but u just cant resist peeing rite into the WC hole thing...*splash*...ok eeiw!

@sf: hooka? hookeru illa guru. not just yet atleast!

@prat: uh huh...we'll c!

@sita: yes. very insightful. just an inside thing. thot u died btw!

2:54 pm, September 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh...mammaries...
Or 'memories', as the word is also pronounced.
Wonderful, in the right shades of rose and green.
Well, at least one of the last 3 things you mentioned went a lil bit down the tube, dinnit... ;-)

Non-Sensei

4:36 pm, September 20, 2005  
Blogger J said...

lol. did u dance around the trees or not?

3:14 pm, September 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool trip..and your 5 min spiritual interlude made me fall out of my chair ( almost!!) !! And yeah we cd do with a lil more details abt the class siren...

5:29 pm, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@NS: thx..yeah u were right abt things goin down the tube. life can also be a bitchax!

@j: damn near did...damn near! but i realised i dont dance well.

@rusty: was a cool trip indeed...bordered on cold almost! class siren suddenly fell out of the infidelity groove..so no luck there..! welcome btw!

6:48 pm, September 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!chocs and u're ze siren man y dont u give the eager readers her name.lets strike a deal 4 this one.

11:36 pm, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@anon: hey kulli is that u?!

12:54 pm, September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter