Thursday, August 04, 2005

Man On The Silver Mountain

Apart from a couple of pilgrimages to Mantralayam and Tirupati, I've never really been on a road-trip in a car. Despite such a lack of frame of reference, I firmly believe bike-rides are better forms of road-trips.
That I had terrific fun yesterday on a bike-ride to Nandi Hills is just more testimony to that belief. I think this was better than the trip to Chunchi falls that we did last sem round because the roads were a mile better (no pun) albeit less scenic.
Listening to Speedking, Turbo Lover and I Am The Highway five times each before leaving combined with 2 cups of coffee early morning had the desired effect.
We took only around 45 mins to cover 57 kms, the latter part of which was a winding ghat-section. This included a leak break and one snap-break too! Fairly quick, innit!
In the josh-froth, I think I might just've pushed my bike over the edge. Over heated engine coupled with imperfect petrol flow made her drag a bit towards the end.

The best part about hanging out with friends is that nothing ever becomes predictable despite each knowing the other inside-fuckin-out. I mean the inside jokes never become monotonous and still always crack you up. The comfort-zone is irreplacable. I guess its just too powerful to be put in words.
I'd like to take a second here to give the concept of Friendship Day the finger.
Everyday is Friendship Day for me....and is sure as hell worth the risk of sounding corny.

So, we were just walking along this pathway when I saw a couple of monkeys humping each other. I know it seems like a line straight out of Jim Carey's Book On Foolish Things to Make News Reporters Say but...well.
The funny thing about this Simian Sensualism was how the position they adopted for doing it was quite unsurreptitiously doggie-style.
Now I'm not so much of a pink movie fan (I'm not a fan of anything pink, if that speaks of my sexuality) but this was room for thought yaw!
Why then don't we call it 'monkey-style' rather than 'doggie-style'?
Monkeys took precedence over dogs in the Evolution Table too. Apart from being an insult to Darwin (sic), I think it is plain illogical. Maybe we need to ask people who employ the position if they feel more like dogs than monkeys while doing it. That'd be one fun research!

Anyway, a superb lunch and more soul-caging inside jokes later, we headed back home.
If you ever go to Nandi Hills on a two-wheeler, don't forget to switch off the engine on your way down. Extreme fun and a good way to save fuel.
A super trip which'd have been even better if Angie came through it better. Looks like she's in for a not-so-minor overhaul. This might just jeopardise the Chunchi trip guys, I'm sorry.
Well for once a trip whose essence was not so much the ride as the 'hanging out'.

Come down with fire
Lift my spirit higher
Someone's screaming my name
Come and make me holy again
I'm the man on the silver mountain

6 Comments:

Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

You fucking bastard u have one whole week to overhaul Angie. Dont mess up with my bike trip!!

12:22 pm, August 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you fuckin don't come for the trip (read any which way, and implying that if your bike is not ready by then), I shall.........

Complain...

Where or to whom, you may ask?

ANS : WWW.ANNIYAN.COM


Hoo Hoo... ROTFL!!!

3:51 pm, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@percy, AC: i donno man...i really donno.
and AC, u saw Anniyan???

6:03 pm, August 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bike trip???

Prateek
http://prematurearticulation.com

4:34 am, August 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Manu : Yupp! I saw Anniyan... We had to pick some scenes from that for Mad-Ads... ON VCD Only... not in a theatre... Now fuck you and overhaul your bike by the time we go for the bike trip.

@Prateek : YES! BIKE TRIP!!

11:27 am, August 07, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

i dont intend to be a killjoy man...but there're just too many odds stacked up. will see what I can do..

10:10 am, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter