Sunday, July 31, 2005

I think I suffer from a morbid lack of potent inertia.
Its only partly true that I typed the above line out because I suddenly miss being a geek.
That'd be a fairly accurate allegation yes, but I occassionally mean what I say despite the intricacies of the means in which I say it.
It takes me so long to type out the initial few lines of my post that I sometimes feel not winning any of the on-the-spot essay writing contests back in school was perfectly justified. In a nutshell, I've always been a poor starter.

If I feel I'm being a bit too hard on myself, I'll revert back to 'miss being geeky'.
She's looking so irresistably hot these days!

I recently had the good fortune of going to Taj Residency (yes its a big enough hotel to actually have a website!).
One of my pals was on this University of San Franciscso webpage and found out about this seminar to be held at the Taj.
Dr. Terrance Parr, a revered figure in the field of Compiler Design was to talk at length about domain-specific machine languages and the nuances of Terrance Markup Language (TML) besides academic pursuit at the USF.
The seminar was to be concluded with a dinner.
The fun part about being on vacation is that you have time for just about everything. Its like having the birthright of freedom enough to go to the seminar, get a seat at the back, make paper rockets to throw at neighbours and generally revel in a variety of similar time-killing tactics. After all, all you went there for was the dinner.
But when you have super-intelligent programming freaks for an audience throwing at the guy all kinds of super-geeky questions about finite automata, shift-parsing, multiprocessor architecture and whatnot, you begin to get the feeling you're not going to enjoy that sumptuous spread after all.
It just rendered me with a colossal persecution-complex and that familiar insufficiency feeling which was about the time I really started to enjoy memories of being the typical highschool hyponerd I was. I miss that, really do!

But food, much like vacation is among the sweeties of life. So I went ahead and did enjoy dinner which consisted of butter kulcha, malai kofta, bhengan curry, steamed rice, curd rice, rasmalai and the most amazing chocolate truffle ever. Whoohoo!

On a different note, I got loads of new music most of which are allegedly highly acid-influenced. Yeah, I've been listening to so much of Rush these days that I feel like taking a time-warp back to the 70s and see them onstage, altered.
But I'm certain that won't happen...mainly because we don't have H.G.Wells around and also because I'm obsessed with being at peace with my mystic un-alter ego!
Sometimes, I wish we did have wells around...lol!

Just so you know, its very likely that I put up C and Java fundas on my blog in the near future. The move is to be attributed to geek-stink spurts and rain in Bangalore. Ah, the nice things rain does!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone give me a shotgun... I need to exterminate one fellow homo sapiens for supportive prevention of introduction of programming code so as to paralyze the neural networks in my cerebrum...

11:19 pm, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gee - Would I be waiting for some programming fundas!!

10:06 am, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. whatever AC said about the shotgun and exterminating one fellow human being.
Except, insert bigger words.

4:02 pm, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food....yes Vacation.....yes Finite Automata.....why????

8:14 pm, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: go wordman! ur cerebrum cud actually do with some paralysis man!

@srini: would you,ever!!

@sita: hehe.

@clichedelk0: It was a seminar on Compiler Design...and he brought up topics from FAFL. Finite Automata and Formal Languages. :)

11:31 pm, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO NOT REMIND ME ABOUT COMPILER DESING... and that dragon book ...Ulman Aho.... got a KT in that ..... could never fully comprehend parsing....
Prateek
http://prematurearticulation.com

6:28 am, August 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Prateek : WHAAAAA? What the hell is that?

4:29 pm, August 03, 2005  
Blogger J said...

Nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin... u dont like me comin to ur blog do u? I puke at the site of anything geeky :(

4:48 pm, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@prateek: haan main tera dukh me shaamil hoon. whoohoo, howazzat?

@AC: yes. it is. hell.

@J: c'mon cut 'em some leeway here...geeks rule. They are the sole vehicle for the betterment of human living.

how was that for starters!

12:55 pm, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter