Monday, July 25, 2005

Blogmeet Thing-2

I've always liked Saturdays. I've always liked rain. I'm currently deep in love with blogging. I especially like going to blog meets on rainy Saturdays.
It was such a neat meet too!
Ashwin was kind and courteous to brave the rain and make it to Barista at exactly 5 ish o'clock. He beat everyone else to it...who trickled in (literally) at 5 ist.
I wouldn't have reached late if I preferred taking a leak at the cafe's washroom instead of going all the way upto The British Library for it.
I asked around, apparently that is silly. Well, in my defense that Library has the best loos in town.

Anyway, it was all just too much fun....way too many intricate details to remember.
Highlights were the hilariously caffeinated discussions about Finch's new haircut, Cwapper's new babe, Hampi, Chunchi and similar funny-sounding places, Catch 22 (the movie) etcetera.
The turning point of the meet was moving from Barista to Tavern in the Inn.
The Holy Pint o' Beer combined with some classic rock had pretty much the desired effect on our conversations which mostly still fluctuated from dont-mess-with-a-man's-booze to dont-mess-with-a-woman's-boobs type dialogues.
Words like 'inebriated' instead of 'fuckin drunk' was severely frowned upon.

Statutory note: Stay atleast 300ft clear of Finch when she's on a neat 30ml Smirnoff unless you want to permanently ruin your spirit for life.

In a becoming of a ritual, Hotel Empire is always our immediete next venue after Tavern. Its also one of the reasons why I'm broke as a joke post-meet!

Percy was kind enough to invite us home for the night....which we were only ecstatic to oblige. Watching Matrix, for the 273rd time but this time with the subtitles...that too sitting on the the world's most comfortable couch was invigorating to say the least...especially with Percy's classic takes on Morpheus like "fundae bas kar chuthiye" among others.
Everything except my monetary status rocked....I still owe Crapper a Shanti Sagar coffee too. Thanks guys...we should do this more often!

Is it strange that the one line ringing in my ears right now is:
Insufficient funds, insanity and suicide...?
Foreclosure of my dream indeed!

P.S: I'm perfectly audible.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Empire is becoming a ritual no? I'm stone broke too...

8:16 pm, July 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always knew you were slightly verbose..

but inebriated?!
while you were drunk?!

9:48 pm, July 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the heading "Spiritual Orgasm"

8:55 am, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: we'll settle for some SLV idli vade next time.

@sita: well i wasnt THAT drunk...:D. besides, its a nice word dontcha think?

@cliche: :D..thx...neat blog u got!

2:37 pm, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No thanks... I'd rather have chicken biryani... And yeah, I don't mind meeting more often. Just that I want your ass placed in some corporate house ASAP... So that you can start sponsoring us... ***Wicked grin*** He he

5:40 pm, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dayamn.
now i wanna come. :-)

Non-Sensei

1:43 pm, July 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Finch : WHAAAAAAAA??? Why'd you get my cell in between? Now do you realize what you have done?

THIS MEANS WARRRRR!!! I guess I need to drown you in ***snorts*** CHUNCHI FALLS... Hoo hoo ROTFL

6:22 pm, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: i hope i get placed in some corporate whore house too maga...i hope like never before so! and yes, finch is gonna win the pj war HANDS DOWN thank u.

@NS: with arms wide open!

@AC,finch: i find myself craving for a cell...all of a sudden. is this good?

11:19 pm, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

i dont find any use of my cell phone nowadays. its almost become a tracking device. on 4 occasions i've forgotten my cell in office overnight!!

9:07 am, July 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...it was nice to read ur blog.
hhmmm....the only best thing was abt u liking d rain...atleast something in common.
good going...keep updating ur blog...n i shall keep reading.
n wat abt d class siren???

3:20 pm, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter