Sunday, May 01, 2005

One of my closest friends got placed in Mahindra British Telecom today.
As much as that rocks, I sadly noted how only 5 of us turned up for his treat tonight. I don't intend to be narcisstic in the least bit when I say the ones not present were not at all geniunely happy for him.
I know it shouldn't matter a flying fuck to Abhi, but I worry sometimes about being left alone....as a result of people becoming indiscriminately self-inflicted. Is it just me...?

Anyway, social occassions like this are always a great time to think about what you want to tell the next person who asks about how the placement test went.
I'd promptly say I want to pursue higher studies and so didn't take the test seriously enough.
Highly risky...analogous to that small flat part of a roadhump that people drive on despite knowing how dangerously narrow it is.
Uh huh..I had a pal called L.Ganesh (LG) who used the aforementioned 'alibi' and got caught. He's called InLG these days.

But this is so much more pleasant than confessing ineligibility outright!

Here's to Abhi btw...(hic)...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

***Hic*** Conglaths abbiii... Hele ith thoo oo as well manoooo cheeeelllssss ***drops to the floor***

11:52 pm, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats bodi! :-)
hey - i wished him the other day when both of you were chatting with me - remember?!

9:24 am, May 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Abhi...
where will he be posted .. Pune??
Prateek
http://prematurearticulation.com

4:46 pm, May 03, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@SF: thx...i've decided to take their word for it!

@AC: **hic** volage seridhare gundu...thx dude..:))

4:53 pm, May 03, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@srini: yup...he remembers...and unlike someone else I know, he DID throw a TREAT

@Prateek: not sure...he prefers Pune though...u a techie too,innit?

4:56 pm, May 03, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

err - yes my treat is pending... how abt one of the weekdays this week at 7-00pm? place gotta be decided by u...

8:52 am, May 04, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@srini: you're on!

10:20 am, May 05, 2005  
Blogger AR Hemant said...

In the end
No matter what
I pretend, the journey
Is more important
Than the end
And what it meant
To me will
Eventually be a
Memory of a time
When I tried so hard
And got so far
In the end
It doesn't even matter.

10:24 pm, May 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter