Friday, April 08, 2005

Extreme Bleah

I got my 6th sem results a couple of days ago. I passed in EVERYTHING!!
As much as that rocks, its totally depressing that I'm actually feeling weird about it.
It kind of reflects that 'not flunking' has come to be a bit of an alien territory for me.

But coming to think of it, its a fairly logical train of thought. Its one way of negating the effect that success' elusion has had on me.
Stuff like this spawns that hidden eclecticist in you. For instance, if you were to start a cult, it'd be a nice idea to present your lack of wealth as a mark of your spiritual prosperity!
I'll probably have to attribute the ironic references to the past couple of days which have had such events occurring that makes one go contemplative and all.

I played for my college in this VTU soccer tourney we just got knocked out of.
Now, normally I play right defence, overlapping in due course down the wing to provide some extra width in midfield. I prefer this because I've been pretty safe in all the games we've played and also because it allows me to put the long ball into the area which I just love doing.

But our captain decided that I was being wasted in defence and asked me to play up front, just behind the striker. I stepped up hesitantly...but equally glad at being relieved of defending the corner kicks which is just about the darndest thing one can attempt doing on earth.
The game though, didn't turn out to be all that good for me...missed a medium-range shot from an easy angle and tripped on my own stepover. But Abhi was at his mesmerising best and saved the day with a matchwinning goal.
The next game, I volunteered to play back again. Restored to 'my place', it all went well. Good clearences, crunching tackles a la Nesta and proper headers came back to the fore. The game went into penalty shootout. At 4-5, our last action hero Abhi strode out and took our 5th penalty that would've equalised the score....only to strike it softly to the goalkeeper's left who lunged and housed the ball.
3 days of hectic practice and a fuck-all journey by bus to Ramnagaram all down the fuckin' drain.

On the way back to college, we were talking about Infy and Siemens when this goods train passed by....which fueled my fantasy to become a train driver someday.
No...seriously, I think a train driver on duty from Bangalore to Mysore is a lot more spiritually prosperous and at peace than a Siemens database administrator.

By the way, the game that we lost got me exactly enough match allowance money to go buy this ding-chak helmet I saw someplace. Its just that it'd have been nicer to have won.
I bought the helmet though....it does feel good to buy something out of your own earnings. Parents do this sort of thing way too much and lose track of feeling good...not that I blame 'em anyway!

But the ironies aside, a fairly satisying past week. This also includes 4 bad hair days on the trot which induced my transition from a state of hair-do to hair-dont.
I like the hair-donters club.
Its convenient not to care...ta-dun-dum-pish, MECHAL MILICHYA!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool man... I can't play even a single sport... All people in the world have the same amount of spiritual prosperity. Most are prosperous without even realizing it by being content with their own way of life. The more you think about realizing the spirituality, the more it evades you... I am leaving it incomplete, cos' I don't know how to express the rest.

11:22 pm, April 08, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

I knew a guy in college who later became a train driver. No contact with him right now tho, so i cant refer u to him to get some tips for aspiring train drivers

11:42 pm, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Sita said...

Results. Results? Results!!

Congratulations!

Spiritual prosperity- look at Exhibit A. Beggar. Has no fixed timings. "Earns" enough for food and daily dose of what ever intoxicant.

No patience to type further.

What happened to thy cricket venture, btw?

12:56 am, April 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice funda about the cult thing..;-)
Couldn't help laffing after reading your last post..
Prateek
http;//prematurearticulation.com

9:41 am, April 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: its ok if u dont play maga...just remember to stay spiritually prosperous...ok expression problem for me too...:-P

@Chrys: pliss pliss do something dude...go to batchmates.com and hunt him down for me...i WANT this job dammit!

1:56 pm, April 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@SF: aaw i wanna be 10 too yaw! i didnt have too many bad hair days back then atleast. ooh i was on this Norton website when a bug crawled on to my screen...which i didnt care to swat! this is the MOTHER of all ironies!

@sita: point taken ma'am...as of now, beggary is my most lucrative career option!
Cricket's kickin major ass too...but haven't been able get past either 13 or lbws...:)

2:04 pm, April 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@prateek: haha..thx! cool name for new domain btw...always cooler to have same names for both URL and the blog,no?...;)

@SF: yesh, someone's 'totally addicted to base...oops bass' !!

2:07 pm, April 10, 2005  
Blogger Sita said...

hehehaa.. lucky number ah?

BY the way.. ta-dun-dum-pish, MECHAL MILICHYA

What it ees?

6:26 pm, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@sita: unlucky number more like...and METAL MILITIA is the frame my mind is in as a result of of all the hair-donting...bangin like a maniac!

7:03 pm, April 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh maannnnn...u've reminded me of some TREMENDOUS victories on the football field...
way back when in the days of yore, intense sporting rivalries between best friends...
dammitbitch, Imma gettin all emotional. *sniff*
I aint ever felt anything like that euphoria again.
People who havent experienced that have missed out on something in life. Its just so much damn fun when everybody there is playing (whatever game it is) purely for the love of the game. :-)
Charas.

Non-Sensei

10:28 am, April 12, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@NS: *nods in full agreement* charas!!!

10:57 am, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

off topic - change in the name of my blog - pls update if considered necessary...

5:01 pm, April 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter