Monday, March 07, 2005

Link-in-duced Neo-Relativity

she finally left him
had enough of her man's rage
band aids covered her scars she left him bloodied
beat his ass with a bat
face sunk in like silly putty
y'all can sit back so i could study

aaaaargh, where's it all going to!!!!

I've been forced into listening to way too much neometal for my liking of late. Its depressing to see Papa Roach being the life of rock-themed parties. I think its more to do with me hating people headbanging to synthesised rock than anything else. Also, its the overly used idea of the I-can't-take-it-anymore refrain that these songs are centred around.
The last such phony party I got invited to had me listening to Limp Bizkit in much the same way that....ummm...Indians living abroad watch a hindi movie feeling its their only connection to their country (no offence meant to either Hindi movies or Indians living abroad). The question as to what I was doing there happens to be too personal to divulge --->see how I got out of that!!

The despise is growing - bordering on holistic hatred....

bwahahaha..I'm just checking if people hate my tendancy to assume a metal purist stance sometimes..hell,I'm lovin' it!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

METAL is METAL... whether it is neo or purist metal... or thrash or melodious death or heavy or black or whatever gazillion kinds there are. Too much of one type of songs always gets boring. Can't be helped.

11:31 am, March 09, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AC: umm..i choose to consider it to be the gazillionth instance of music being subjective...its just that the whole concept of rapping a song up with blaring fast synthesized beats and making all ur subsequent songs similar doesn't go down well with me. i'd love to debate abt this furthur...ym?

7:44 pm, March 09, 2005  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

I feel like the POWDER IN THE ASHTRAY!!
and isn't it weird..I just posted bout MUSICAL ECSTASY on my blog!!!

11:41 pm, March 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er... "profusely apologizing" Mistake maga... I forgot the bit about the synthesized stuff. Mind not worked properlying...

8:10 pm, March 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AI: o yeah..its all ironic dawg!

@AC: no problemo...wots wrong with da mind though?!

2:11 pm, March 11, 2005  
Blogger Sita said...

Strawwwwwwberry aaaankheeen
Sochhhh ti kya haiiiii
*and so on..blah*

Heh.
Just thought I'd sing it.
Original atleast, no?

(Lovin the cheesiness of the lyrics. ;))

12:01 pm, March 12, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@sita: lol...but Rehman too suffers in the comparison with Roach and co..so there!

4:31 pm, March 12, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@finch: lol...'burp' is about the most fulfilling response to 'it all'!

Notice how Eddie Vedder being at a rehman's concert wouldn't be as hilarious as Eddie Hunter in the same place!

6:25 pm, March 13, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@SF: lol...fore-men shunned indeed..and yeah barithini bega...been on a cosmic purging process of sorts...;)

6:22 pm, March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter