Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Angie turned one month old today.
As if its not silly enough for me to remember my bike's tender age, I actually went out and bought a couple of pals some egg-puffs....ugh, this is one of those things that I will eternally remain ashamed to reminisce upon.

As much as having your own bike rocks, there are things associated with it by which you can feel pretty hard done by.
Like....at the petrol bunk, you're waiting in the queue to get her all refuelled ,when at the back of your head there's this void of sadness.
It being a void, you think like crazy to figure out reasons for its existence and as to why it is sad.
The bike's now refuelled and ordinarily, with the thirty bucks you got back as change you'd scoot to the nearest Sweet Chariot and treat yourself to a whole cup of Strawberry Mousse and revel four inches above the ground enroute to the bottom of the cup.
But now, feeling bitter to the bone about all the petrol price bitching, you decide to tuck into a SLV idli vade sambar, some kaapi and a pim-pom...saving the rest for more pim-poms.
Eureka, the void is a direct consequence of a loss of goodness quotient!

On a less cerebral level too, there are things I miss from the pre-Angie era.
Dad's scooter, Ram Shakal (lol) springs to mind.
Sitting behind Gau in pure awe of those dozens of high-speed manouvers, sharing rock gyan and other Thoreau-ridden rants thats possible only sitting pillion with Hem and of course the hilarious early-morning shower of expletives on fellow-trafficers that Adi professed in will all be sorely missed.
So will the daily stop with Adi at the pan-shop before college...where the power of my abstinence from ciggies was put to test!
I'm glad I came through it...although I'll miss the fag-ridden jokes!
The one thing I won't miss though is the silliness I had to contend with of popping Chlormint even after only he'd done all the faggin'!

Anyway, I just thought I'll put a nice friendly message across to all of those who've been there for me helping me spacetruck my way through life so far, for keeping me moving!
(my blog, my sap....shove it)
Thanks for all the phish, magas!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gone are the days I could flick cash using petrol. He he I still get odd stares at the bunk when I tell the guy - "Gurooo!! Hadimooru litre haaku.." which is always followed by a - "Hidisattha saar?" he he he... Fag smell never leaves me unless I eat something after that... as in a proper masala dosa or something like that... Me never been to sweet chariot. Waaah!! But then again, my bike is now a bit more than three years old... BTW did you get your RX Brand new or second hand? If second hand pliss let me know price... maybe of RX-Z also u cud let me know if u know...

9:03 am, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...one month n all.
:-)

Non-Sensei

1:57 pm, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoreau-ridden rants in such a plush world of conveniences. Hmmmm... I guess you need to get our more man. Find the wilderness :):) Of course, remember to carry nothing but a flashlight and a flask of brandy (and if possible, a chick or two)... :)

6:19 pm, March 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spell check returned "Get out more"

6:21 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@SF: lmao...yeah but i was just craning to take a slight dekko towards the amazingly few disadvantages of owning a road machine (btw thats one more awesome word for 'bike' u can now proudly say u own)
the fag-sign removal thingi needs more pushing-thru my brain...adyeno avaga helidhu artha aaglilla..and yeah i'd prefer strawberry to choco anyday..:P

@AC: no maga my bike is full first hand only...i cudn't find a better pic to put on my blaag ashte...will tell u if i find a good second hand rx...funny hadimooru liter part!

9:40 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@NS: ess full one month and all...howse michelle btw ?!( reveling in bike-name naivete)

@succubus: u ridin ur dad's scooter is just plain BEYOND cool...i had pretty much the same sentiments...until the image problem become a bit too big to shrug off...i'm being honest!

@TP: i can see where the 'wilderness' theosophy came from dai...i really can!
plush world of conveniences? really? well mebbe i really hafta get out more!

9:45 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Happy bday to you,
Happy bday to you..
Happy bday dear Angie
Happy bday to you!!

Ok ive totally lost it

12:03 pm, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@chrys: aaw thats so nice!!
but YES..u HAVE lost it...:)..**pours some KF over**

8:45 pm, March 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, just had to come here after reading what sita wrote on her blog.

6:36 am, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@blur: haha..she was just being waaay too nice...u take it easy..;)

1:13 pm, March 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter