Thursday, February 24, 2005

Newborn Awakening

I think I figured out a fabulous justification for my stage/limelight phobia. My need to be as away from being the cynosure as possible is disconcerting sometimes.
Its much like what would happen if a freed prisoner were to be forced out of the cave and out into the reality of the world. Plato once explained:

"When he approaches the light his eyes will be dazzled, and he will not be able to see anything at all of what are now called realities... He will require to grow accustomed to the sight of the upper world. And first he will see the shadows best, next the reflections of men and other objects in the water, and then the objects themselves; then he will gaze upon the light of the moon and the stars and the spangled heaven....Last of he will be able to see the sun..."

Deep within, there is a force that tells me I'm just copping out of everything all the while attempting to appear confidant. For one fleeting moment, I identify with Will (Good Will Hunting). Coming to think of it, so does more than half of whole humankind.

Springboard to the Matrix is one of the most deeply insightful sites I've been to.

6 Comments:

Blogger arvindiyer said...

Wazzaaaaaaa...HEy how have u been? Party hard...Wooo hooo...as u can see...Me back from my little hiatus from bloggin!!!

1:06 am, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@AI: wazza! welcome back..i've bn gud,dude...i cud wid a lot more partying though...just 3 more days before college again..:(

12:43 pm, February 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude i want Angra....I have been left craving for more after the songs i have heard of the band
Prateek
http://euronymous.rediffblogs.com

2:19 am, February 27, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@prateek: umm...sorry i didn't mention it...but i've just trippin on the 6 Angra songs i have on my comp...hits from Freedom Call and Fireworks...been wanting more myself! mebbe we can go raid National Market sometime?

4:08 pm, February 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, the limelight is an absolute addiction. Trust me. ;-)
Someone has a blog called Euronymous? woo hoo...let the Norwegian Metal Madness begin!

Non-Sensei

11:18 am, March 01, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@NS: easy for u to say,rockstar!
Limelight continues to scare me...Hail Euronymous too! btw prateek, sooper blog dude!

2:50 pm, March 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter