Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Its well past midnight. Its one of those times when the eerie silence has hardly an effect on me. One of those nights where I'm cramming the hell out of a monster-sized mess of mutant carcass that ever went by the name of 'text book'.
The thought of my future bearing a strong resemblence to a limo-wreck grips me to go at it like a man possessed.
But as it turns out, I'm far too easily bored by even Reader's Digest to be interested in Data Communications for too long !

So it is but natural that my mental wanderlust instincts begin to kick in. I try not to give in, curtailing freewill and all...but believe you me, its hard.
Its hard to abstain from getting up and make yourself a hot mug of coffee, from turning on the computer thats just an arm-stretch away, from picking up that inviting copy of Rave's latest edition, from turning on the telly to catch some Man Utd action...and generally not indulge in something that'd make you lose focus.
God's incidently in that pitiful mood and grants me the focus. Its all back on track...with me putting up a proud chest, happy with my little feat when suddenly God says, "aah good...but thats it".
There's suddenly an outburst of delirium , lights go on next door and there's loud laughter and words suggesting amusement. I lend my ears to the ensuing happy chaos as it were.

Amidst the muffled expressions of stupefaction and all the sappy soul coughing, I eventually made out what happened. Apparently, the neighbours' 1 year son pooped and uttered the holy 'first babble'...I could hear it going something like 'kakka..kakka'....yuck, but well....
Alright, I welcomed this comic relief to some extent...but to listen to them go on and on about it for a solid 20 minutes is just too much to take. Eventually, it was enough to make me think of stuff like how my life wasn't quite hanging in balance about how I fared the next day. So I did my impression of the 'Art of Shredding' riff and closed the book.

Needless to say, it didn't go half well. In my defence, my neighbour pooping was what brought my "Data Communication Breakdown". (hail Led Zeppelin)

8 Comments:

Blogger arvindiyer said...

Hail LED ZEP!! Amen

9:22 am, January 26, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@arvind: \m/ amen!

11:05 pm, January 26, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

ROFL man! Too funny. Reminds me of that time when my CA exams started on new years (day after diwali) and on diwali night from 2-4 AM they blared music in the chawl nearby!

12:33 am, January 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! well writtten, man.
Hail Led Zep! Loved the Data Comm Breakdown part...hahaha!

Non-Sensei

11:24 am, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@percy: thats killing dude...haha...how was Shakti btw?

@NS: *gushing in self-righteous pride*...thx man!

6:30 pm, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Abdulla Syed said...

carreers are skewed, they demand their pound of flesh,
arundhati roy or a hewiit is what we would lika be.

i suggest "the alchemist", that book may help u sort u`r priorities or but i fear it may get u more fucked.

6:51 pm, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Manu said...

@syed: careers are screwed just as much as they're skewed if u ask me! yeah,I'd love to be a Ms.Roy...there's a happy aura about them writers!
oh and I decided 'The Alchemist' was wayyy too deep for me dude!

4:02 pm, January 30, 2005  
Blogger A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

Hey shakti was damn good, almost missed it coz of some screw ups in the tickets but finally sorted that out. Zakir was amazing, but McLaughlin was a bit unwell.. Just got back from the IIMB festival featuring Moksha and Parikrama. You missed that too. Exams are a bitch

12:32 am, January 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website traffic company
website traffic company Counter